All contribution checks submitted to the AFTRA Retirement Fund must be accompanied by a standard remittance report (work report) or schedule. A standard remittance report template is available upon request by contacting the AFTRA Retirement Fund's Christopher Frizzell at (212) 499-4808.
Effective Jan. 1, 2017, the Screen Actors Guild – Producers Health Plan and the AFTRA Health Fund were merged to create the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan. Employers and their paying agents should continue to follow current procedures when remitting contributions and reporting earnings to the Screen Actors Guild – Producers Pension and Health Plans and the AFTRA Retirement Fund
in accordance with the collective bargaining agreements currently in place.
- If you are submitting contributions and earnings that were due and reportable to the AFTRA Health and Retirement Funds, please remit contributions to the AFTRA Retirement Fund. All contribution checks must be accompanied by a standard remittance report and should be sent to:
AFTRA Retirement Fund
P.O Box 13676
Newark, NJ 07188-3673
- Contributions and earnings that are due and reportable to the SAG-Producers Pension and Health Plans will continue to be remitted and reported to the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan.
SAG-AFTRA Health Plan/SAG Producers Pension Plan
P.O Box 54867
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0867
For questions related to submitting work reports or contributions, please contact Chris Frizzell of the Remittance Processing department at (212) 499-4808.
To open an online inquiry, please submit your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries should include the following information:
- Employer name
- Your name and pertinent contact information
- Brief description of your inquiry
Submitting work reports and contributions
The following required data elements must be included with every submitted work report, regardless of the format:
- paying company
- signatory company
- type of work
- program title/show name
- performance/production date(s)
- payment type (session or re-use/residual payment)
- re-use/residual date(s) (if applicable)
- performer names
- performer Social Security numbers
- performer wages (upon which contributions are being paid)
- total of wages
- contribution rate paid (based upon the governing collective bargaining agreement)
- total contribution amount paid.
Submit electronic remittance when possible Return to Employers main page
The AFTRA Retirement Fund encourages employers to remit their member earnings work reports electronically. Automated remittances reduce processing times while allowing for more accurate file processing. If you are able to remit an electronic file instead of hard copy reports and wish to do so, please contact Chris Frizzell of the Remittance Processing department at (212) 499-4808 or email@example.com.